This post is a round up of all we did while in Florida 2009. Included are the day by day posts along with the general posts written while we were out in Orlando. I have put these into categories and have also provided links to the websites of the attractions, shops and restaurants we visited and would recommend.
The holiday itself was based around the needs to two teenaged boys and two adults acting like teenagers! Even if you don’t fit into either category you are bound to find something here that appeals to you given how much there is to do in Florida.
Finally, this was all correct in April 2009 but is subject to change – check the links to the official sites provided to see if it holds true now. And enjoy!
Things to do
- Disney Hollywood Studios 1 and 2
- Disney Animal Kingdom
- Disney EPCOT 1 and 2
- Disney Magic Kingdom
- Downtown Disney
- Disney Water Parks
- Universal Studios 1 and 2
- Old Town Car Show (official site)
- Boggy Creek Airboats (official site)
- Bok Tower Gardens (official site)
Places to Eat
There are plenty of chain restaurants in Florida that you will recognise from the UK but there are also a vast number of US only places that serve great food. The following are some of the places we have tried and return to on a regular basis:
- Perkins – great breakfasts – check out my favourite the Tremendous Twelve
- Ruth’s Chris Steak House – the best steakhouse. Once you have eaten here you will never want to eat steak in the UK again
- Cracker Barrel – a good value family restaurant serving traditional style food
- Bahama Breeze – another good, more upmarket, restaurant
- Red Lobster – great for fish – the